Subscribe to darkmuse, my mailing list!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Secret Desires

Okay, so I'm back. After some deep soul-searching, I remembered I live in America. Over here, we have the freedom of speech and no one is going to dictate to me what I can or can't say. If someone wants to harass me for venting to this blog, then I should be honored. It means I'm that important to them and they have nothing better to do with their lives. I'm sure my one follower will be happy I'm back (yes, despite my various attempts and advertising, I just can't get anyone to even visit this blog so it's not like I'm posting to the world.)

However, I will continue to journalize my endeavors into the writing world. That includes any troubles and trials involved with my writing, whether it's involving a cover photographer, my marketing efforts, book launches, criticisms, etc.

Speaking of which, I wrote several scripts for short film parodies that I was proud of and I wanted to share them. Unfortunately, I don't have access to people that can help me, so once again I relied on those closest to me. Everything was cool and I loved the videos we made. They were uploaded to YouTube so that people can view my skills as a writer and producer as well as the acting achievements of those special people that were involved in the making of the film.

Those YouTube videos were up for two years and yes, I always thought it would be cool if some movie people saw them and approached me for whatever reasons. Well, of course, that didn't happen and suddenly, after two years, I was ORDERED (not asked politely) to remove those videos because someone thought I was exploiting the actors involved and worried that a stalker might come after the people in the movie. I was shocked at this revelation. The nameless person demanding this only had a problem with me putting such stuff up but yet all the actors involved have Facebook pages with plenty of photos plastered for everyone in the world to see (and yes, some of those photos could be construed as somewhat sexy), but my cute little parodies had to be removed?

I tell you, first I get screwed on my marketing campaign with The Fear Within and now I'm not allowed to show off my movie scripts? What's next? I get banned from the Internet completely, or my blogs reported and removed? *sigh*

This Freedom of Speech thing is a difficult one and I'm being persecuted for it, but I'll keep on trying, no matter what because my writing is important to me. It's important that I share it, in any way, shape, or form.

And that's all she wrote...

No comments: