Subscribe to darkmuse, my mailing list!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Help Wanted!

Okay folks. I don't have many connections and can't afford a budget right now to pay people, so I'm asking for volunteers to help me out from time to time with simple little things -- marketing, making movie videos, book commercials, cover art/photo shoots for my books, doing mystery parties, etc. Unfortunately, the people I counted on before just showed me I can't rely on them anymore to HELP out and I don't want to go through the problems of spending countless hours working on something just to have it destroyed later on and all the hard work flushed down the drain as if it never meant anything to anyone.

You will get credit, of course, which is always helpful putting on a resume, and if I can afford to pay something, I will. Oh, and there will have to be some sort of mini-contract involved basically saying you'll work on a volunteer basis and not demand something from me in the future (for example, I had a cover photographer who volunteered to do my cover shots and then afterward, demanded her name be on the cover. Or spending a great deal of time creating videos just to have someone demand they be removed from the public eye. Or agreeing to market my book for a small price and then not finishing the job because the payment wasn't enough. I don't want any replays of these fiascos.)

Interested? Let me know.

Thanks.

No comments: