Subscribe to darkmuse, my mailing list!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Update on Blog Tour / Marketing Woes

Well, it's over and I have to say it didn't go as I had hoped. Maybe it's because I only found two sites willing to help me out. The first one let me down on Day One but they made up for it by posting my interview the second day. However, no one visited me at that site and my post is the only one. I did get three comments on my other site and one on my own personal blog. But that's about it.

Also, while I'm on the subject of book promotions, marketing is turning out to be a royal pain. So far, the only thing I haven't tried is going door-to-door in my neighborhood. Has anyone considered this? I must have notified over 1,000 people in the past two months about my book. I've only sold 28 copies so far. What else do I need to do to get the word out? If you have any marketing ideas, please post them here. I could sure use some help.

No comments: