Subscribe to darkmuse, my mailing list!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Virtual Book Tours

I finally published my first book. It's a short story collection entitled The Fear Within (see side bar). Now that it's finally completed, I would like nothing better than to prop my feet up, relax, and wait for the orders to roll in. Not so! I need to market it like I had only two weeks left to live.

Okay, so I spent a small fortune on marketing materials already. Then I found this cool little idea about something called a virtual book tour. It's similar to a regular book tour except it's all done online. No traipsing around from one bookstore to another and no wasting valuable time and gas commuting to and from places.

From what I understand, though, an author should prepare for a virtual book tour one month ahead of the scheduled tour. That leaves enough time to get a press kit together and find people that will be willing to host me and my book.

I'm cutting it about a week short though. We're one week into July already and I'd like to start my virtual book tour on August 1, 2010. So far I have one person willing to feature me on their blog. I'm rocking and a-rolling now! :-)

I would love to come visit your blog or website in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps we can strike up a bargain somehow and you would be willing to host me on my book tour. If you are interested, please reply here. Even if you have no intention of helping me along my virtual tour, it's okay to invite me to come visit you anyway. Just make sure to let me know ahead of time that you don't do book tours.

I'll post here quite often regarding my trek into the virtual book tour industry. This might turn into something really interesting. Keep watching for more exciting news!

P.S. Please check out my book and help support me. I'd like to be able to at least sell a dozen or so books. If you don't like horror or science fiction but know someone else who does and is an avid reader, why not buy it for them or ask them to check it out? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

No comments: