- Interactivity -- You will be able to tailor content to provide for your visitors -- feedback forms, polls, surveys, contests, queries, etc.
- Promotion -- Had anything published or want to put up something you have written, even if it's just a partial? Then this is the place for it.
- Articles -- Show off your writing by adding some resourceful articles to your site.
- Store -- You can sell your books, or anything else you want, right at your website.
- Information -- Provide your visitors with valuable resources and fun information.
- Profile -- Let the world know all about you and what it is you do.
- Writing -- Share your thoughts with your own blog or newsletter.
But I won't lie to you. Having a website can be a lot of work. You can't just slap one online and expect to have a constant flux of visitors or have publishers/editors come tracking you down online. It requires your attention on a regular basis. Even still, I strongly believe that everyone should and could have a site of their own, no matter how small or large it might be.
Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss websites more.